Classics, passion for the past

1930 Alfa-Romeo 6C 1750 S3

Price on request

Carrosserie Convertible
Brandstof Petrol
Motorinhoud 1750 cc
Transmissie Manual
Kleur Brown
Kleur interieur Brown
Bekleding Leather
Stuur Rhd
Chassis nr. 0412384
1930 ALFA ROMEO 6C 1750 S3
The Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 third series from 1930 characterized by the chassis number 0412384 is a car that has always remained in Italy and was found at the end of the 1960s in abandoned conditions in the open countryside. The engine and chassis number correspond to the Gorizia plate which it still possessed at the time of the discovery.

Like many other cars in working condition, after the end of the war, some were converted into trucks to carry out any task required at the time and this car is part of it and was registered as a truck until last year (still retains its registration document dated 07 November 1945).

The uniqueness of the discovery of this car lies in its originality and in the numerous photographs of the time when the restoration began.

The photos also show that it was originally coached by Pininfarina and it is assumed from our investigations that there are no other 6C Turismo surviving from that year built by the famous Turin Coachbuilder.

The badge visible in the photos of the find is in fact different from the usual known “Pininfarina” and the royal crown is not present, proving that it was bodyworked in the very first months of its foundation.

From the chronological excerpt, the wording “convertible” that the car owned is clearly visible, which was then and converted into a truck in 1945.

The owner of the time who bought the car to start the restoration asked Cavalier Luigi Fusi (author of the famous books on Alfa Romeos and keeper of the Italian trademark register) for help on how to proceed for an accurate and faithful restoration to the car that was missing only of the rear part due to the conversion to a truck (while all the other original parts are present as written by the ASI report attached in ’75).

Numerous letters, all documented, wrote to each other to proceed correctly with the restoration that began in the 70s by the Bonfanti museum (on careful indication of Fusi!) rebuilding the rear and overhauling the entire mechanics of the car.

For unknown reasons, perhaps due to the disappearance of the owner, the car remained unclear until purchase in 2017.

Among the numerous preserved parts that have come down to us, it has been possible to trace the original color of the car (an amaranth red typical of Italian cars of those years) which was located in a hidden area under the side steps.

Once the color had been sampled and the missing body parts rebuilt, the car was completed by the Turin Car Restoration of Turin.

The countless photos and documents that the car possesses make it stand out as one of the most original in circulation and among the very rare in this “convertible” configuration in the world.

Numerous pieces of the car have been preserved such as the leather of the original seats, the bonnets, the branches, the aluminum profile on the doors, the leaf springs with the original Alfa numbers, the numbered plates, mudguards, flame guards, etc., all visible further proof of the accuracy of this information.

The car also won numerous awards at the Schwetzingen Concours d’Elegance in 2020, finishing second as “best of show”.
Pin it